The strain was originally collected from the easter coast of Florida, which is often referred to as the Treasure Coast. The specific area on the coast is unknown, and there is no information about the mycologist or hobbyist who first collected and isolated the strain.
The Treasure Coast strain comes in two main forms — the original TC and an albino (leucistic) version.
The potency of this strain is often reported as being super strong — but quantitative testing shows it’s more likely on-par with average strains like Golden Teacher or Koh Samui.
Treasure Coast Magic Mushrooms Specs
|Rye Grain or Brown Rice Flour
|Ralphsters Spores, Sporeworks, Spores 101, Premium Spores
Potency & Psilocybin Content of Treasure Coast Magic Mushrooms
Expect average potency with the Treasure Coast strain — not weak, but not overly powerful either. The 2–3 gram dose range is most common for this mushroom.
Many reports online involving the Treasure Coast strain suggest it’s nearly twice as strong as common strains like Golden Teachers — however, we haven’t found this to be very accurate.
While limited, quantitative data also supports the idea that these shrooms are about as average as they come.
For example, two separate samples submitted to the Psilocybin Cup for testing showed an average of 0.59% psilocybin and 0.08% psilocin — for an average total tryptamine concentration of 0.67%. This places them right in the range of what we’d consider average (0.5% to 0.9%).
The strongest sample submitted contained 0.69% total tryptamines by dried weight.
Very potent cubes can test as high as 3.8% (Tidal Wave is the current record-holder).
Variations & Genetic Relatives
As mentioned above, there is only one variation of the Treasure Coast strain that has any kind of notoriety in the magic mushroom community: the Albino Treasure Coast strain.
The physical appearance of the albino variation is nearly identical, but the stems and caps appear entirely white rather than the caramel color you’d expect on the parent strain. The potency is equally as high.
There is also one other strain hailing from Florida that is believed to be a natural relative of the Treasure Coast strain: the F+ strain. This strain was collected from somewhere in Florida, although the specific place of origin and the mycologist who isolated it are unknown. Possibly because of the name that suggests it is low in potency, this is an unpopular strain.
Where to Buy Treasure Coast Magic Mushrooms Spores
Spores 101 is one of the few places that carry this strain in Canada.
How to Grow Treasure Coast Shrooms
The Treasure Coast strain produces small but potent fruiting bodies in most cases, with shrooms measuring around two to five inches tall in most cases and caps spanning up to one inch. However, you can also get some fruiting bodies on occasion that grow up to ten inches tall.
This strain colonizes quickly, making it relatively resistant to mold and disease. It’s a super prolific fruiter, but only if you make it past the first flush. It has a tendency to abort before this point, which makes this strain a challenge for beginner cultivators.
If you can make it past the first flush, which is usually pretty underwhelming, the second and third flushes will tend to be much larger — providing you with a nice payoff for your patience.
For an in-depth guide on growing cubensis strains, check out our magic mushroom cultivation walkthrough.